The Strymon Iridium is an amp modeler and impulse response cabinet. In this article
and episode, we will explore what it is, how it works and the accessibility issues that currently exist.
In this episode, we will talk about:
Constructing a pedal board.
- What are pedals?
- What do they look like, and how do they work?
- Connecting pedals together, to your guitar and to your amp
- Types of pedals
- Potential pedal ordering as a start point
- Troubleshooting tips for chains of pedals
- What is a pedal board?
- How to attach pedals and create a layout for your pedal board
- Cable management for patch and power supply cables
- Isolated vs shared power supplies
- How to provide power to multiple pedals
- Tips for running cables from the power supply to the pedal.
- Barefoot buttons-make pedals easier to press with your feet
- Loopers-create software affect chains and limit noise on your pedals
- Power conditioners-Clean up the power to your pedals and amp, sometimes removing noise
Welcome to the Accessible Guitar Podcast!
In this episode, I will introduce myself, explain who I am, what I hope to achieve with this podcast and describe some of the goals.
As always, I hope that this podcast will be listener driven. Please follow us via the social media links found at the bottom of the page, and feel free to get in touch!